This is not a paid position. This is a position done on a volunteer basis.
Team AVCon is a 100% volunteer, not-for-profit organisation that runs several anime and gaming-themed events throughout the year, including the AVCon Anime and Gaming Festival. We have a passion for all things nerdy and a desire to put on quality entertainment and events for the public of South Australia. All members and staff of Team AVCon Incorporated are volunteers and perform roles without any monetary compensation.
AVCon is looking for a creative and passionate Artist Alley Coordinator to organise and manage all aspects of Artist Alley for all AVCon events, such as the application process, floorplan management, and supporting artists throughout the process.
- Great communication skills and ability to work with others.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Creating application forms for Artist Alley-related content and advising outcomes with applicants.
- Vetting artist alley submissions to ensure they adhere to AVCon’s artist terms and conditions.
- Working closely with the Design team to create information packs where necessary.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to generate artist spotlights and content related to promoting Artist Alley.
- Working with Elect and the Venue team to organise Artist Alley-related areas, including floorplan consultation and booth allocation of all successful applicants.
- Liaising with the Treasurer to generate invoices and sending them out to successful entrants.
- Managing and liaising closely with current and new Artists both locally and interstate.
Successful applicants will be expected to check online communication platforms such as AVCon Discord and Email on a daily basis and have a maximum response time of 24 hours. Successful applicants will also be required to join Team AVCon Membership and attend any requested in-person meetings as well as AGM/QGM meetings to the best of their ability. Successful applications will be required to write regular reports for Team AVCon membership regarding all aspects of their duties and any issues or outcomes encountered. If any of these requirements are not able to be met for any length of time, successful applicants must be able to communicate with Team AVCon Elect and make proper intermediary arrangements.
Joining Team AVCon will provide staff with invaluable real-world work experience in multiple fields and provide materials and references to be used in future work and study applications. Most work will be expected to be done with your own equipment and resources and within your own hours.
We are a close-knit and friendly collection of people who share a love of pop culture. Being a part of Team AVCon and organising our events is an experience that is wholeheartedly memorable and will help you forge friends and connections for life.
Get the Latest Updates
Enter your details to receive the latest AVCon news, updates and special offers!