Published on Monday, 02 December 2013 19:37
AVCon 2014 is gearing up, for all those interested in sponsorship opportunities,
our sponsorship coordinator can be contacted at
Looking forward to another great AVCon next year!
Published on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 15:02
Thanks to you all for coming along and making AVCon 2013 a blast for gamers. Every year you inspire us to build something bigger and better at AVCon, and we hope this year met or exceeded your expectations and that we'll see you all next year as we try to one-up ourselves yet again.
Congratulations to all our tournament champions, who shared in over $9,000 cash over the weekend, not to mention excellent prizes donated by our generous sponsors:
- Razer, who generously provided a range of Atrox, Sabertooth and Onza controllers as prizes for all of our 360 tournaments.
- Nintendo, who brought along a sweet-as Monster Hunter 3DS as a prize for our Ultimate Gamer as well as tickets to PAX for our Pokemon champions.
- Oz Controller Customs, who donated a range of custom controllers for our Wii and 360 tournaments.
Brackets for many of the competitions are now available on Challonge.
If you have feedback for us to consider for AVCon 2014, please take the time to let us know on the forum [link] or by emailing us at
. If you're interested in becoming a staff member or helping us develop new or better tournaments or event, drop us a line, as we're always keen to make our team even better.
Remember to follow AVCon on facebook, and our tweets @TeamAVCon and @AVConVG on twitter, to be up to date with the world of gaming in Adelaide and track our progress as AVCon 2014 comes around.
Want to get more competitive in time for AVCon 2014? Why not join one of Adelaide's local gaming communities?:
Are you part of a gaming community that you want AVCon to know about? Contact us on
, we're always keen to know what's going on and to help enourage more competetive gaming groups in Adelaide, and may have resources to help you run bigger and better events.
And finally, check out these groups that helped us make AVCon 2013 happen:
- Retrospekt are Adelaide's experts on all things retro, and as well as running retro events at AVCon and around the country, keep arguably Adelaide's best gaming website.
- EVAC, the Adelaide University console games club that helped found AVCon back in the mists of time, meets every Friday to play games, eat food, hang out, and if truth be told, to organise AVCon.
- Streetgeek LAN Parties are held every month, where they run a bigger LAN room than they do at AVCon, with a range of competetive and social games to suit pretty much everyone who owns a computer, and also play host to a console gaming area.
- Arena Internet Cafe and the Avant Gaming Series, who brought the brand-new, hugely popular eSports stage and Australia's best players to AVCon this year, are dedicated to building Australian eSports competition and bringing together Adelaide's best gamers.
Published on Friday, 12 July 2013 22:36
We're back! AVCon has officially returned for the year with School Days!
After an amazing Opening Ceremony Spectacular, vocal performance and Evangelion 3.0: YOU CAN (NOT) REDO. the convention takes a nap before the full experience explodes Saturday morning. Find out how to get here and how to navigate our convention with the venue map. Once, you've found where everything is, check out our timetable of all the festivities, panels, gaming tournaments and anime screenings!
You can also download Guidebook for the official AVCon app by heading to:
We look forward to enjoying the weekend with you all, see you there!